About Defending Digital
Are you the parent of a child, preteen, or teen ages 5 to 18? Do you want to keep your kids safe online?
Defending Digital shares Internet safety, security, and digital parenting tips. You’ll learn how to protect yourself and your kids online, and teach them online safety tips to defend themselves. Along the way, you’ll learn how to defend yourself, too!
Defending Digital has tips in two main areas:
- Protecting kids online (cybersafety)
- General digital security and privacy (which applies to adults as well as kids).
You’ll learn to defend your entire family’s devices and accounts against a range of digital dangers. Here are a few examples of topics:
Protecting Kids Online
- Parental controls
- Internet filtering, blocking porn
- Internet safety and security, safe browsing
- Cyberbullying, cyberstalking
- Social media safety and privacy
- Digital reputation
- Online predators, sextortion, child exploitation
- Communicating with strangers
- Online privacy
General Digital Security & Privacy
- Internet security
- Device security (computer, phone, tablet)
- Home network security, Wi-Fi security
- Social media security and privacy
- Password security, password managers
- Online privacy
- Backup software
- Identity theft
- Phishing and scams
- Digital payment security
- Anti-malware, anti-virus
- Location tracking
- Secure communication
I try to avoid fear-mongering and scare tactics, and instead advise practical, prudent precautions.
Subscribe to the email newsletter so you don’t miss any Internet safety, security, and digital parenting tips!
We love to answer your questions. Ask them in the Defending Digital Facebook group.
Hi, I’m Carol! As the editor here at Defending Digital, I work with my colleagues to produce great advice, reviews, and how-to articles that help keep you and your family safe online. I raised 2 kids in this “digital generation” and they are now both in college. I hope you find our content useful.